Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Alcoholics Anonymous Area E Committee

Minutes of Meeting: Tuesday, 6th September 2016 @ 7:30 PM
_________________________________

Chair:             Andrew I (RtR Kirribilli Fri PM)

 

Present:

Andrew I           (RtR Kirribilli Fri PM – Area Chair)

Rosemary P      (RtR North Syd Tue PM – Area Secretary)

Michael S          (RtR Kirribilli Fri PM – Area Group Liaison))

John B              (Seaforth – Area Delegate)

John G             (Narrabeen Sun PM – Area Public Information Co-ordinator)

John R              (Royal North Shore Thu PM – GSR)

Garry T             (Gordon Mon PM GSR)

Ben                  (Epping Mon PM & Thu PM GSR)

Christopher H    (RtR Kirribilli Fri PM – GSR)

David P                        (Chatswood Sun AM – GSR)

Rowena R         (Seaforth Tue PM & Dee Why B’fast – GSR)

 

Apologies:   

Peter                (North Sydney Mon PM – Area Treasurer)

Anna S             (Dee Why Thu PM – Area Alternate Delegate)

Lachlan B          (Royal North Shore Thu PM – Area Webmaster)

Tina S               (Mona Vale – GSR)

 

Not Present:

BJ                    (Mosman Mon PM GSR)

Leo                   (Crows Nest Wed PM – GSR)

 

 

Meeting Opened:                07:30pm

12 Traditions Read By:     Michael S

Previous Minutes:              Accepted

 

Action Items:

Action Item Description Owner Due Status
20160906.1 All Area Members to determine ideas of how to improve the way Area E and the Assemblies are run. All 20161103 New
20160906.2 A brainstorming session to be held either separately or during an Area E meeting to discuss ways of improving Area E and Assemblies. Andrew I 20161103 New
20160906.3 Each Area E member to organise having the Concepts Banner displayed at their meeting with the other 2 banners and also promote it at other meetings if possible. All 20161103 New
20160906.4 Create a flyer for the next Area Assembly in October. Andrew I & John B 20160930 New
20160906.5 John B asked each Area E member with an Area position to submit a report for conference. Area E position holders 20161005 New
20160801.1 Court Visits: Contact CSO to determine who the court liaison and process is as there is a concern AA is not being directed to people who need help when attending court.

·         20190906 – John G spoke to Tony C from Area Office and John G is going to setup a meeting with him.

·         20190906 – John R highlighted the CSO should be contacted first as they already have a process and may feel displeased if we don’t collaborate with them first.

John G 20160906

20161005

In Progress
20160701.1 Find out the name of the course held for people caught drunk driving.

·         20160801 – Anna has made contact and waiting for a response.

Anna S 20160801

20160906

20161005

In Progress
20160701.2 John R inquired about the status of the Val Morgan advertising campaign.

John G to determine the status.

·         20160906 – John G has a 7 page report and will be sending it out to everyone.  Andrew I to email it to Rosemary P who will email it out to the members.

·          20160906 – All members are to review it and discuss it at the next meeting.

 

John G

& All to review report

20160801

20160906

20161005

In Progress
20160504.2 Undertake an initiative to take an inventory of Area E

·         Waiting for a Conference Report due in Nov.

John B 20160831

20161202

On Hold
20160405.1 Looking at integrating articles with mail chimp to eliminate the double handling. Lachlan B 20160504

20160602

20160701

20160801

20160906

20161005

In Progress
20160405.6 Area D Sept Forum: Determine a session and panel our area can hold at the forum. Sat 24th sept

·         Anna S to contact John R and then Area D to determine if presenting the Concepts at the forum will fit with their forum theme and agenda.

·          If the answer to the above question is “yes” Anna S to present some draft slides at the next Area E meeting.

Anna S 20160504

20160602

20160701

20160801

20160906

20161005

In Progress
20160405.7 Create a guideline and add it to the website outlining the difference between a group and a meeting.

Discussion included:

·         Groups are organised with office bearers and structure.

·         Reference to Tradition Three (The Long Form) “.. Any two or three alcoholics gathered together for sobriety may call themselves an AA group, provided that, as a group, they have no other affiliation.”

·         20160906 – Garry T highlighted that we should call it an article and not a guideline as a guideline is more official.

·         20160906 – Garry T has written the article and sent an article to John B.  John B will be reviewing it.

Garry T

&

John B

20160504

20160602

20160701

20160801

20160906

20161005

In Progress
20160405.8 Create a guideline and add to the website outlining the policy on Dogs at Meetings.

·         Call National Office(Tony) to determine if they already have guidelines.

·         20160801 – Owner changed to Gary T

·         20160906 – Garry T highlighted that we should call it an article and not a guideline as a guideline is more official.

·         20160906 – Passed onto John B and he is still to review them.

John G

Garry T

&

John B

20160504

20160602

20160701

20160801

20160906

20161005

In Progress
20160307.3 Peter to talk to GSO to determine the amount the Area has donated as it is currently not clear. Peter 20160405

20160504

20160602

20160701

20160801

20160906

20161005

In Progress
20160801.2 Aug Forum Flyer to be created. Andrew I 20160808 Completed

 

 

Chairman’s Report: Andrew I

Andrew I tabled the report highlighting:

 

We held the Area Assembly which was attended by 15 people.   Anna S had put together a great presentation on the 12 Concepts of which Christopher facilitated very smoothly.  Andrew I will be putting together a delegates report for Conference.  A key message he took away from the Assembly was Gratitude = Service.

 

PI Report: John G

John G tabled the report highlighting:

 

  1. Speaker called Karen spoke at Rotary and they thought it was wonderful.
  2. John G is also reviewing having speakers at schools.
  3. Michael S had one of his sponsee’s share at a school that morning and will pass the school to John B to possibly organise more shares.

 

Treasurer’s Report: Peter

Peter tabled the report via email highlighting:

 

Account Balance as at 5th September 2016:         $3,993.49

 

Delegate’s Report: John B

John B tabled the report highlighting:

 

  1. John B asked the members if they had any feedback regarding the Area Assembly presentation of the 12 Concepts:
    • Andrew I said his take away from the presentation was Gratitude = Service.
    • John R outlined that many meetings at the Gold Coast promote and have many members doing service because older sober members from Victoria and NSW have moved up there.
    • John R also outlined he thinks it is more effective putting flyers on chairs at meetings to promote the assembly and not rely on computer emails.
    • John G suggested we all go away and think of new ways of running Area E and Assemblies.
    • Garry T recommended that groups be promoted to also display the Concepts Banner to trigger interest.
    • Rowena asked if the Concepts Banner also comes on the calico sheets and is readable like the 12 Steps and 12 Traditions: Answer Yes
  2. The Eastern Region Forum is on the Saturday 24 September 2016.
  3. Topics for conference will soon be put on the Website.

 

 

  1. Area E Assemblies:
  2. The next Area E Assembly will be:
    1. Date: Saturday, October 15
    2. Location: Doherty Centre at Chatswood
    3. Agenda: Topics for conference will be discussed
    4. A national trustee will be in attendance.
    5. Andrew I and John B to create a flyer.

 

  1. Eastern Region Forum:
  • Date: Saturday, September 24, 9am to 5pm
  • Location: Our Lady of Fatima Hall, 389 Port Hacking Road, Caringbah.

 

 

 

Alternate Delegate Report: Anna S

John B tabled the report and the details are included in Delegates Report above.

 

Group Liaison Report: Michael S

Michael S tabled the report highlighting:

  • There wasn’t anything additional to report.

           

Web Master Report: Lachlan B (Not present)

Area E Website http://areaeeraa.info

Lachlan B tabled the report via email highlighting:

  • The minutes from last meeting were uploaded to the website and emailed to all contacts.
  • Sent out an Area E meeting reminder for September.

 

GSR Reports:

  • John R – Royal North Sydney: The meeting has been able to return back to their rooms as they were doing some renovations.
  • Rowena – Curl Curl: They change secretary every 6 months and as Curl Curl is a big meeting it is important to have greeters at the door. Seaforth: The Topics for Conference are being sent out to the members for review and they are also purchasing a Concepts Banner.
  • John G – Narrabeen: The meeting is mainly a men’s meeting but women welcome.
  • Garry T – Mon Gordon – At the next GSC Garry T will be recommending purchasing a Concepts Banner.
  • Christopher – Tue/Fri Kirribilli: It is going well. We have many members ready to sponsor.
  • Ben – Epping: As a group they continue to travel to other groups monthly and recently one group they had been too visited them as a group.
  • David – Chatswood Sun AM: Group functioning well and they attract about 30 people each week. David circulates the minutes to the 10 members.

 General Business:

 Nil were raised.

  NEXT MEETING: Wednesday 5th October at 07:30

 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Alcoholics Anonymous Area E Committee

Minutes of Meeting: Monday, 1st August 2016 @ 7:30 PM
_________________________________

Chair:             Andrew I (RtR Kirribilli Fri PM)

 

Present:

Andrew I           (RtR Kirribilli Fri PM – Area Chair)

Rosemary P      (RtR North Syd Tue PM – Area Secretary)

Michael S          (RtR Kirribilli Fri PM – Area Group Liaison))

John R              (Royal North Shore Thu PM – GSR)

John B              (Seaforth – Area Delegate)

Garry T             (Gordon Mon PM GSR)

Rowena R         (Seaforth Tue PM & Dee Why B’fast – GSR)

John G             (Narrabeen Sun PM – Area Public Information Co-ordinator)

Jason P            (Manly Wed PM – Visitor)

Michael             (RtR North Syd Tue PM – Visitor)

Leo                   (Crows Nest Wed PM – GSR)

 

Apologies:   

Peter                (North Sydney Mon PM – Area Treasurer)

Anna S             (Dee Why Thu PM – Area Alternate Delegate)

Ben                  (Epping Mon PM & Thu PM GSR)

Lachlan B          (Royal North Shore Thu PM – Area Webmaster)

Christopher H    (RtR Kirribilli Fri PM – GSR)

 

Not Present:

David P                        (Chatswood Sun – GSR)

BJ                    (Mosman Mon PM GSR)

 

 

Meeting Opened:                07:30pm

12 Traditions Read By:     Rowena R

Previous Minutes:              Accepted

 

Action Items:

Action Item Description Owner Due Status
20160801.1 Court Visits: Contact CSO to determine who the court liaison and process is as there is a concern AA is not being directed to people who need help when attending court. John G 20160906 New
20160801.2 Aug Forum Flyer to be created. Andrew I 20160808 New
20160701.1 Find out the name of the course held for people caught drunk driving.

·         20160801 – Anna has made contact and waiting for a response.

Anna S 20160801

20160906

In Progress
20160701.2 John R inquired about the status of the Val Morgan advertising campaign.

John G to determine the status.

John G 20160801

20160906

In Progress
20160504.2 Undertake an initiative to take an inventory of Area E

·         Waiting for a Conference Report due in Nov.

John B 20160831

20161202

On Hold
20160405.1 Looking at integrating articles with mail chimp to eliminate the double handling. Lachlan B 20160504

20160602

20160701

20160801

20160906

In Progress
20160405.6 Area D Sept Forum: Determine a session and panel our area can hold at the forum. Sat 24th sept

·         Anna S to contact John R and then Area D to determine if presenting the Concepts at the forum will fit with their forum theme and agenda.

·          If the answer to the above question is “yes” Anna S to present some draft slides at the next Area E meeting.

Anna S 20160504

20160602

20160701

20160801

20160906

In Progress
20160405.7 Create a guideline and add it to the website outlining the difference between a group and a meeting.

Discussion included:

·         Groups are organised with office bearers and structure.

·         Reference to Tradition Three (The Long Form) “.. Any two or three alcoholics gathered together for sobriety may call themselves an AA group, provided that, as a group, they have no other affiliation.”

Garry T 20160504

20160602

20160701

20160801

20160906

In Progress
20160405.8 Create a guideline and add to the website outlining the policy on Dogs at Meetings.

·         Call National Office(Tony) to determine if they already have guidelines.

·         20160801 – Owner changed to Gary T

John G

Gary T

20160504

20160602

20160701

20160801

20160906

In Progress
20160307.3 Peter to talk to GSO to determine the amount the Area has donated as it is currently not clear. Peter 20160405

20160504

20160602

20160701

20160801

20160906

In Progress

 

 

Chairman’s Report: Andrew I

Andrew I tabled the report highlighting:

 

He is currently focussed on liaising with various stakeholders to organise the next forum and chase up action items that have been outstanding for some time.

 

PI Report: John G

John G tabled the report highlighting:

 

  1. John G raised a concern that when AA members attend Manly Court to offer information to those who want it, nothing seems to happen. He has attended a number of times and the magistrate does not direct anyone to AA.
  2. John R recommended checking with CSO as for the last 2 or 3 years there has been a roster of people scheduled to attend Manly Court and offer information. The CSO can put John G in contact with the court liaison who can outline the process.
  3. John G also highlighted that any AA member sent to the courts need to have documentation showing no priors so they can work with children and are not a predator.

 

Treasurer’s Report: Peter

A report was not tabled.

 


 

Delegate’s Report: John B

John B tabled the report highlighting:

 

  1. Issues from recent AA Board meeting:
  2. Class A Trustees:
    • Only one Class A Trustee and he retires at the end of the year (Class A Trustees are the non-alcoholic board members)
    • Area B has suggested two potential candidates from the faculty of medicine at the Australian National University
    • Area E committee members have followed up an inquiry from the General Service Office at Arncliffe
    • If any members in Area E have a suggestion for Class A Trustee candidates, please let an area committee member know

 

  1. Fiji Convention: The A Class Trustee will present a report to the Conference in November. International Delegates will now follow up requests.
  2. Annual Financial Report: Conference members will receive the report prior to Conference.
  3. Conference and Board Treatment Committee: Now includes Special Needs.
  4. Board: To improve its response to letters of concern from members and groups.

 

  1. Area E Assemblies

Sunday, August 28 at Curl Curl

Saturday, October 15 : (1) location to be agreed (2) Topics for Conference will be discussed

 

  1. ER Forum

Saturday, September 24, 9am to 5pm (Note: location change to Our Lady of Fatima Hall, 389 Port Hacking Road, Caringbah)

Agenda to issue shortly

 

 

Alternate Delegate Report: Anna S

John B tabled the report highlighting:

  • The presentation of the 2nd part of The Concepts for the forum is being developed.
  • Currently waiting for a response from Christopher and Sean to act as facilitators.
  • Key for the Curl Curl Hall will be collected by Rowena.
  • Andrew I recommended a flyer for the day to be created.

 

 

Group Liaison Report: Michael S

Michael S tabled the report highlighting:

  • He managed to visit a few more meetings and give out the GSR Position Overview.
  • Some meetings don’t have enough members to fill fundamental service positions let alone a GSR.
  • Leo is a newly appointed GSR for Crows Nest.

           

Web Master Report: Lachlan B (Not present)

Area E Website http://areaeeraa.info

A report was not tabled.

 

GSR Reports:

  • John R – Royal North Sydney: The building is being renovated and hence RNS is not being accommodating in providing another room and it may take several months. They all arrived last Thursday to the news that they could not go in.  It is quite distressing as the Herbert St Detox visits these meetings.  Leo highlighted their meeting is at a Church that has a number of venues and may be able to assist.
  • Rowena – Since the bus from South Pacific has been bringing newcomers the Seaforth meeting has attracted a lot of people. Dee Why/ Curl Curl – is going well with an average of 35 to 70 people. The secretary chooses the chair for the meeting however they must have 2 years of sobriety.
  • John G – Narrabeen – Well run group and approx. 35 people.
  • Leo – Crows Nest – Proposed an idea of holding a speaker forum as they have a facility that will hold 500 people. They have about 8 people at the meeting.  Parking lot opposite.  Cremorne Monday Night Steps there are 16 to 20 attendees.
  • Gary T – Mon Gordon – They held their quarterly GSC meeting and it was agreed to keep it quarterly.

 

General Business:

 

  • John B – Highlighted AA insurance does not cover having a meeting at home unless it meets policy conditions obtainable from GSO.

 

NEXT MEETING: Tuesday 6th September at 07:30

 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Alcoholics Anonymous Area E Committee

Minutes of Meeting: Friday, 1st July 2016 @ 7:30 PM
_________________________________

Chair:             Andrew I (RtR Kirribilli Fri PM)

 

Present:

Andrew I           (RtR Kirribilli Fri PM – Area Chair)

Rosemary P      (RtR North Syd Tue PM – Area Secretary)

Peter                (North Sydney Mon PM – Area Treasurer)

Michael S          (RtR Kirribilli Fri PM – Area Group Liaison))

Anna S             (Dee Why Thu PM – Area Alternate Delegate)

Linda                (Dee Why Thu PM – Alt GSR)

Tina                  (Mona Vale Sun AM – GSR)

Ben                  (Epping Mon PM & Thu PM GSR)

John R              (Royal North Shore Thu PM – GSR)

 

Apologies:   

John B              (Seaforth – Area Delegate)

Lachlan B          (Royal North Shore Thu PM – Area Webmaster)

Garry T             (Gordon Mon PM GSR)

Christopher H    (RtR Kirribilli Fri PM – GSR)

Rowena R         (Seaforth Tue PM & Dee Why B’fast – GSR)

 

Not Present:

David P                        (Chatswood Sun – GSR)

BJ                    (Mosman Mon PM GSR)

John G             (have asked for home group details – Area Public Information Co-ordinator)

 

 

Meeting Opened:                07:30pm

12 Traditions Read By:     John R

Previous Minutes:              Accepted

 

Action Items:

Action Item Description Owner Due Status
20160701.1 Find out the name of the course held for people caught drunk driving. Anna S 20160801 In Progress
20160701.2 John R inquired about the status of the Val Morgan advertising campaign.  An action is to be added asking John B and John G the status. John B

John G

20160801 In Progress
20160504.2 Undertake an initiative to take an inventory of Area E John B 20160831 In Progress
20160405.1 Looking at integrating articles with mail chimp to eliminate the double handling. Lachlan B 20160504

20160602

20160701

20160801

In Progress
20160405.6 Area D Sept Forum: Determine a session and panel our area can hold at the forum.

·         Anna S to contact John R and then Area D to determine if presenting the Concepts at the forum will fit with their forum theme and agenda.

·          If the answer to the above question is “yes” Anna S to present some draft slides at the next Area E meeting.

Anna S 20160504

20160602

20160701

20160801

In Progress
20160405.7 Create a guideline and add it to the website outlining the difference between a group and a meeting.

Discussion included:

·         Groups are organised with office bearers and structure.

·         Reference to Tradition Three (The Long Form) “.. Any two or three alcoholics gathered together for sobriety may call themselves an AA group, provided that, as a group, they have no other affiliation.”

Garry T 20160504

20160602

20160701

20160801

In Progress
20160405.8 Create a guideline and add to the website outlining the policy on Dogs at Meetings John G 20160504

20160602

20160701

20160801

In Progress
20160307.3 Peter to talk to GSO to determine the amount the Area has donated as it is currently not clear. Peter 20160405

20160504

20160602

20160701

20160801

In Progress
20160307.4 Andrew, Rowena, John G to review the GSR flyer with the view of possibly making it more appealing.  Currently there is thought that the flyer is great but does have a few too many words hence turning people off reading it.

 

20160701 – It was decided to close this action item as there hasn’t been any progress on it so it was decided to continue to use the original flyer.

Andrew I, Rowena R,

John R

20160405

20160504

20160602

20160701

Closed
20160405.5 Topics for Conference – Guidance material of how to compose and submit a topic to be put on the website Andrew I 20160504

20160602

20160701

Completed

 

 

Chairman’s Report: Andrew I

Andrew is currently focussed on liaising with various stakeholders to organise the next forum.

 

PI Report: John G (Not present)

A report was not tabled.

  • Anna S outlined:
    • She has become aware of a rehabilitation course for drivers who are caught drunk. The course is held at Drivers Correctional Facilities and highlighted it is another place to put pamphlets.  Anna is to come back with exact name of the course.

 

Treasurer’s Report: Peter

Peter tabled the report highlighting:

  • From the 7th Tradition donations from groups in the area, the area portion is approximately $2,000 bringing the total balance of Area E’s funds to $5056.73.
  • Peter attends Tafe on Tue and Wed 24 weeks of the year hence it makes it difficult for him to attend all the Area Meetings.

 

Delegate’s Report: John B (Not Present)

Anna S tabled the report for John B.

  • 2 Topics for Conference endorsed by Area E have been submitted to Conference and also posted on the Area E Website for review.
  • Investigation continues on determining the format required for AA electronic material (ads, brochures) to be displayed on monitors at medical centers, dentists, police stations etc This matter continues to be followed up, including with the Epping GSR and members. Once the inquiries are completed, the information obtained will be tabled for consideration of any action by Area E.
  • Proposed Area E Assemblies for the remainder of the year are:
    • Sunday 28 August at Curl Curl – Proposal including option to attend Curl Curl Group meeting Noon to 1 pm Lunch 1 pm to 3 pm Presentation on the Twelve Concepts and discussion 3 pm to 3.15 pm Tea/Coffee and interaction with members of Curl Curl Group attending BBQ and meeting 4 pm to 5 pm Meeting – As Bill Sees It (book discussion with Guest Speaker)
    • Saturday 15 October to discuss Topics for Conference, location to be determined.
  • The AA National Convention 2017 – 7-10 July, 2017 in Cairns. A link to the website and registration (Early Bird) has been added to the Area E Website.

 

 

Alternate Delegate Report: Anna S

Following on from the recently held Area E Assembly where the 1st part of the Concepts Interactive Session was presented, the 2nd part is tentatively being planned for the August Assembly.

  1. Talked to Howard Wood and Karen Turner and John H and Tony from National Office, overall encouraged to present the concepts at the assembly. In the first one we just went through 1 Concept.
  2. Hall will cost $36 ($12 per hour).

 

Group Liaison Report: Michael S

Michael has put together a list of all the meetings in Area E with the nominated GSR  so we can clearly see which meetings are represented at Area E.

Service Position going well and highlighted he only has 6 months left of his tenure.

                                   

Web Master Report: Lachlan B (Not present)

Area E Website http://areaeeraa.info

Rosemary tabled the report sent to her by Lachlan.

  • Posted up June Minutes and National Convention notices on the website
  • Emailed out Minutes, National Convention and meeting reminder via Mailchimp.
  • Plans for next month
    • Follow up with members on usage of email addresses. Doesn’t seem like anyone is using them.
    • Train Rosemary in the use of posting articles to the website and using maillchimp to send out emails.

 

GSR Reports:

  • John R – Royal North Sydney: All is well. Traditionally John R has been running BB sessions and the next 18 week session is starting this Tuesday, 5th at Cremorne at 07:30pm.  They work through the steps and you are given homework to do.
  • Tina – Mona Vale: Tina just resigned as secretary and they now have a new one. The secretary has several positions being tea person, greeter, and treasurer.  Numbers are up and down so there is thought of moving premises.  Approx 20 attend with 15 members.
  • Linda – Dee Why: The meeting recently increased to 8 members.  At the GSC they would make a donation to the CSO.  They announced they are extending the meeting after the meeting to 1 hour.
  • Ben – Epping a very active group. Supporting other groups that need support.  Once a month they take 10 members to another group.  They are celebrating their 40th Birthday this Monday.  They run a GSC monthly.

 

General Business:

 

  • John R – John inquired about the status of the Val Morgan advertising campaign. An action is to be added asking John B and John G the status.

 

NEXT MEETING: Monday 1st August at 07:30

 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Alcoholics Anonymous Area E Committee

Minutes of Meeting: Thursday, 2nd June 2016 @ 7:30 PM
_________________________________

Chair:             John B (Seaforth Tue PM)

 

Present:

Michael S          (RtR Kirribilli Fri PM – GL)

Anna                 (Dee Why Thu PM)

Rosemary         (RtR North Syd Tue PM – Area Secretary)

Garry T             (Gordon Mon PM GSR)

David P                        (Chatswood Sun – GSR)

Rowena R         (Seaforth Tue PM & Dee Why B’fast – GSR)

 

Apologies:   

 

Not Present:

Andrew I           (RtR Kirribilli Fri PM)

Allan H              (Galston Fri & Sun PM)

Ben                  (Epping Mon PM & Thu PM GSR)

BJ                    (Mosman Mon PM GSR)

John R              (Narrabeen Thu AM – GSR)

Lachlan B          (Royal North Shore Thu PM – Area Webmaster)

John G             (have asked for home group details – PI)

Christopher       (RtR Kirribilli Fri PM – GSR)

Peter                (North Sydney Mon PM – Area Treasurer)

 

 

Meeting Opened:                07:30pm

12 Traditions Read By:     Rowena R

Previous Minutes:              Accepted

 

Action Items:

Action Item Description Owner Due Status
20160504.2 Undertake an initiative to take an inventory of Area E John B 20160831 In Progress
20160405.1 Looking at integrating articles with mail chimp to eliminate the double handling. Lachlan B 20160504

20160602

20160701

In Progress
20160405.5 Topics for Conference – Guidance material of how to compose and submit a topic to be put on the website Andrew I 20160504

20160602

20160701

In Progress
20160405.6 Area D Sept Forum: Determine a session and panel our area can hold at the forum.

·         Anna S to contact John R and then Area D to determine if presenting the Concepts at the forum will fit with their forum theme and agenda.

·          If the answer to the above question is “yes” Anna S to present some draft slides at the next Area E meeting.

Anna S 20160504

20160602

20160701

In Progress
20160405.7 Create a guideline and add it to the website outlining the difference between a group and a meeting.

Discussion included:

·         Groups are organised with office bearers and structure.

·         Reference to Tradition Three (The Long Form) “.. Any two or three alcoholics gathered together for sobriety may call themselves an AA group, provided that, as a group, they have no other affiliation.”

 

Garry T 20160504

20160602

20160701

In Progress
20160405.8 Create a guideline and add to the website outlining the policy on Dogs at Meetings John G 20160504

20160602

20160701

In Progress
20160307.3 Peter to talk to GSO to determine the amount the Area has donated as it is currently not clear. Peter 20160405

20160504

20160602

In Progress
20160307.4 Andrew, Rowena, John G to review the GSR flyer with the view of possibly making it more appealing.  Currently there is thought that the flyer is great but does have a few too many words hence turning people off reading it Andrew I, Rowena R,

John R

20160405

20160504

20160602

20160701

In Progress
20160504.1 Area Assembly flyer to be added to the website and sent to Area members. Lachlan B 20160528 Completed
20160504.3 Propose people who are part of committees to use their full name:

·         Motion: Not Carried

·         Suggest it is up to the individual’s discretion.

·         Discussion included:

o   Use of surnames would assist in improving communications

o   Tradition Eleven

o   Importance of anonymity

o   Suggestions in Big Book to use initials of surnames

o   Use AA names by which members are referred to”

Garry 20160602 Completed
20160405.9 Organise an assembly for 28th May to discuss topics for conference.  Michael and Rosemary volunteered to assist with catering. Anna, John, Andrew 20160504

20160528

Completed

 

 

Chairman’s Report: Andrew I (Not present)

A report was not tabled.

 

PI Report: John G (Not present)

A report was not tabled.

  • Enquiry received by NSCSO for H & I speakers at schools to be forwarded to John G
  • Anna S outlined:
    • 42 pamphlets had been taken from Centrelink.
    • 3 ‘Message to Teenagers’ pamphlets were taken from the library.
    • 3 ‘Message to Teenagers’ pamphlets were taken from the police station.

 

Treasurer’s Report: Peter (Not present)

A report was not tabled.

 

Delegate’s Report: John B

John B outlined there were no additional activities to report.

 

Alternate Delegate Report: Anna S

Following on from the recently held Area E Assembly where the 1st part of the Concepts Interactive Session was presented, the 2nd part is tentatively being planned for the August Assembly.

 

Group Liaison Report: Michael S

Michael S outlined there were no additional activities to report.

                                   

Web Master Report: Lachlan B (Not present)

A report was not tabled.

 

GSR Reports:

  • Garry T – Gordon Monday nights:
    • 20160602 – Next Monday they have their quarterly Group Conscience at which he will propose monthly Group Consciences.
    • 20160405 – Gordon Monday nights is well attended and run well with approx. 15.
  • Anna S – Dee Why Thursday 7pm:
    • 20160602 – Attendance at the meeting is approximately 30 people.
  • David P – Chatswood Sunday:
    • 20160602 – Good attendance with lots of newcomers.
  • Rowena – Seaforth
    • 20160602 – Having the South Pacific bus has been fantastic. Due to this they are receiving a lot of visitors.

 

  • Rowena – Dee Why / Curl Curl Breakfast
    • Dee Why Breakfast group – they have a new service position of an additional greeter so when people arrive they can be greeted and their name taken down.
    • Dee Why Breakfast meetings are well attended every day except Sunday. Rowena is chairing the GC’s for the next 6 months. They have a GC on the 3rd week of each month and have introduced some templates and processes to create more structure.

General Business:

 

  • John B – Wanted to thank everyone who attended and helped at the Area E Assembly. Thought it was a very informative, encouraged participation and was enjoyable.
  • David P – Is concerned about the lack of understanding of the Traditions throughout AA. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to introduce the Traditions in a more inviting way?

 

NEXT MEETING: Friday 1st July at 07:30

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Alcoholics Anonymous Area E Committee

Minutes of Meeting: Tuesday, 5th April 2016 @ 7:30 PM
_________________________________

Chair:             Andrew I (RtR Kirribilli Fri PM)

Present:

Michael             (RtR Kirribilli Fri PM)

Christopher       (RtR Kirribilli Fri PM)

John                 (Seaforth Tue PM)

John R              (Narrabeen Thu AM)

John G

Anna                 (Dee Why Thu PM)

Rosemary         (RtR North Syd Tue PM)

Rowena            (Seaforth Tue PM & Dee Why B’fast)

Garry                (Gordon Mon PM)

Mike                 (RtR Kirribilli Fri PM)

Darren              (RtR Kirribilli Fri PM)

Ben                  (Epping Mon PM & Thu PM)

BJ                    (Mosman Mon PM)

 

Apologies:                           

Lachlan B          (Royal North Shore Thu PM)

Peter                (North Sydney Mon PM)

 

Meeting Opened:                07:30pm

12 Traditions Read By:     Garry (Gordon Mon PM)

Previous Minutes:              Accepted

 

Action Item Description Owner Due Status
20160405.1 Looking at integrating articles with mail chimp to eliminate the double handling. Lachlan B 20160504 New
20160405.2 Setup email addresses for all position holders and update mailchimp configuration. Lachlan B 20160504 New
20160405.3 Area Survey to put added to the website Andrew 20160415 New
20160405.4 Area Committee Members to complete Area Survey which should be on the website. ALL 20160420 New
20160405.5 Topics for Conference – Guidance material of how to compose and submit a topic to be put on the website Andrew 20160504 New
20160405.6 Area D Sept Forum: Determine a session and panel our area can hold at the forum. Anna 20160504 New
20160405.7 Create a guideline and add it to the website outlining the difference between a group and a meeting Garry 20160504 New
20160405.8 Create a guideline and add to the website outlining the policy on Dogs at Meetings John R 20160504 New
20160405.9 Organise an assembly for 28th May to discuss topics for conference Anna, John, Andrew 20160504 New
20160307.3 Peter to talk to GSO to determine the amount the Area has donated as it is currently not clear. Peter 20160405

20160504

In Progress
20160307.4 Andrew, Rowena, John (Narrabeen) to review the GSR flyer with the view of possibly making it more appealing.  Currently there is thought that the flyer is great but does have a few too many words hence turning people off reading it Andrew, Rowena,

John (Narrabeen)

20160405

20160504

In Progress
20160307.5 Andrew to outline all Area E meeting dates so it is clear for everyone. Andrew 20160405 Completed
20160307.6 Andrew to check with the office that the Area E meeting dates don’t conflict with any office meetings. Andrew 20160405 Completed
20160307.1 John to send current material involving the movie screenings to Rosemary. John (Seaforth) 20160405 Completed
20160307.2 Peter to donate $1000 to the Fiji Convention. Peter 20160405 Completed

 

Chairman’s Report: Andrew

High on his agenda are the 3 Area Forums to be held this year and what we are going to do for each of them.

PI Report: Position Vacant

A report was not tabled.

  • John G volunteered for PI and was voted into the position.
  • John (Seaforth) will pass all the relevant PI material onto John (Narrabeen).
  • The first PI activity for this year has been organised. On the 28th April John R and 2 speakers from Al-Anon will be speaking with North Shore Hospital staff.

 Treasurer’s Report: Peter (Not present – sent apology)

A report was not tabled.

  • $1000 donation was paid for the Fiji Conventions.
  • The Area E account balance is currently $3,991.18.

 Delegate’s Report: John

  • Fiji Convention was very successful. John read an email outlining how successful it was and the lives that were touched.  Everyone came to give and give they did.  178 attended including 40 Al-Anon.
  • Fiji Convention – The monetary support from AA Australia allowed for busses to be provided for transport.
  • Fiji Convention – John has asked Tracy from Frenchs Forest Group to provide a report to be published in the Area Link Letter.
  • ACTION ITEM: A survey is required to be completed by the Area Committee by 20th April that asks questions about the compositions of the groups in the area. Andrew is to put the survey on the website.
  • ACTION ITEM: Topics for Conference are required to be composed, discussed, and submitted by 24th Andrew to put on the website guidance of how to put together a topic and the vetting process.
  • ACTION ITEM: Area D is to hold a forum on the 24th September and they have requested if we would like to hold a session with a panel with a particular topic is discussed. The Area E Alternate Delegate, Anna, will co-ordinate this activity.
  • Advised the committee of the e-mail received from AA NSW Service Council. The Area E committee re-affirmed the view ‘That Area E has no opinion in relation to service entities that operate outside of the General Service Structure of AA Australia’.”

Alternate Delegate Report: Anna

A report was not tabled.

 Group Liaison Report: Michael

There wasn’t anything to report hence a report was not tabled.

 Web Master Report: Lachlan B

  • Area E Website http://areaeeraa.info
  • Jan and March Minutes have been added to the website as well as emailed out to the members through our Mail-chimp service.
  • The latest mail-chimp usage report is attached so you can review how our emails are being read.
  • The last email about the Jan minutes was read by 42% of our 111 subscribers. The average across all our emails is 37% open rate.
  • ACTION ITEM: Looking at integrating articles with mailchimp to eliminate the double handling.
  • ACTION ITEM: Setup email addresses for all position holders and update mailchimp configuration.

GSR Reports:

  • Rowena: Seaforth flourishing since the South Pacific bus is bringing people
  • Rowena: Dee Why Breakfast Meeting is well attended every day except Sunday.
  • Rowena: Rowena is chairing the GC’s for the next 6 months. They have a GC on the 3rd week of each month and have introduced some templates and processes to create more structure. Since this has happened things have settled down.
  • Ben: Epping – At the last GC it was decided the group will travel once a month to a different meeting needing support. Their meetings are well attended with about 20 people.
  • BJ: The 2 groups BJ represents haven’t had a GSR.
  • BJ: Since Mosman Monday night changed it’s time to 06:30 it has really revived the meeting. They have about 20 attending but not always the same people and members are increasing.
  • BJ: The Mosman Wednesday night mens group at 6pm is up and down ranging from 10 to 20 people.
  • Garry: Gordon Monday nights is well attended and run well. Approx 15 but last night had 40 due to another group visiting.
  • Garry: They only have a GC every 3 months but think they need one every month to stay in line with the Area activities.
  • John: Narrabeen Thursday night Steps Meeting is going well with a core of 12 to 15.
  • Anna: Dee Why Thursday 7pm is going well. They have created a greeter position and introduced pamphlets into the library.
  • Christopher: RtR Tuesday and Friday are both going well. They are celebrating their 13th Anniversary this weekend with a sponsorship forum. They have a GSC that meets regularly to determine actions to take to help the still suffering alcoholic.
  • David: Chatswood Sunday has a good balance of maturity and experience and attracts newcomers. Very fulfilling to be a member of this group.  There is a member 94 years old with 50 years of sobriety who has had a heart attack.  Members visit him in hospital to read the daily reflections.

 

General Business:

 

  • Garry: It would be beneficial to create a guideline and add to the website outlining the difference between a meeting and a group. ACTION ITEM: Garry to create a guideline.
  • John R: Dogs at meetings. AA insurance does not cover incidents that involve dogs at meetings.  It is definitive and if something does happen it is the secretary and the GC that is liable.  ACTION ITEM: John R to put together a guideline.
  • Anna: Suggested the topic of Concepts for Area D Forum in September.
  • ACTION ITEM: Andrew, John (PI) and Anna to organise an Assembly for the 28th May to discuss potential topics for conference. We need to obtain topics from the groups which can be submitted via the website.

 

NEXT MEETING: Wednesday 04th May at 07:30

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Alcoholics Anonymous Area E Committee

Minutes of Meeting: Monday, 7th March 2016 @ 7:30 PM
_________________________________

Chair:             Andrew I (RtR)

Present:

Michael             (RtR)

John                 (Seaforth Tue PM)

Peter                (North Sydney Mon PM)

John                 (Narrabeen Thu AM)

Lachlan B          (Royal North Short Thu PM)

Anna                 (Dee Why Thu PM)

Hayden             (RtR)

Rosemary         (RtR)

Rowena            (Seaforth Tue PM & Dee Why B’fast)

 

Apologies:                            Nil

Meeting Opened:                07:30pm

12 Traditions Read By:     Peter

Previous Minutes:              Not tabled as still to be produced.

Chairman’s Report: Andrew

Andrew very honoured to be in the role.

PI Report: Position Vacant

A report was not tabled.

  • John (Seaforth) suggested giving consideration to having a PI Committee of up to 3 people.
    • The committee would be a sub-committee of this Area Committee.
    • The AA.Service.ORG Website overviews PI activity suggestions.
  • Lachlan stressed that the person leading the committee should have 2 to 3 years sobriety as they are the public face.
  • Andrew called for volunteers.
  • Peter suggested GSR’s to ask groups for volunteers.
  • John (Seaforth) overviewed the first activity the PI Committee could action, as quite a bit of investigation has already been performed. It involves organising the screening of AA videos at movie theatres.  There are 5 available.  The rates are $280 for a 30sec video for 1 week.  Someone would need to talk to Val Morgan to proceed.
  • ACTION ITEM: John to send current material involving the movie screenings to Rosemary.

Treasurer’s Report: Peter

 

  • Peter has rolled the balances over from the previous year.
  • Contributions entirely come from the 7th
  • Paid 2nd Conference Levy to send a delegate to the conference each year.
  • Motion Tabled: We send $1000 to the Fiji Convention. MOTION PASSED
  • ACTION ITEM: Peter to donate $1000 to the Fiji Convention.
  • ACTION ITEM: Peter to talk to GSO to determine the amount the Area has donated as it is currently not clear.

Delegate’s Report: John

 

  • John tabled the form to obtain the Area Office Bearers name and address details.
  • The Area Eastern Region Forum is in September and John stressed that it is really important that we attend. Each Area should support each other’s forums.
  • John raised obtaining from GSR’s when their Group Conscience is held so we can line up the announcement of the forum’s to gain interest.

 

Alternate Delegate Report: Anna

A report was not tabled.

 Group Liaison Report: Michael

 

  • Michael had pamphlets made up overviewing the GSR role which he presents at various groups. They all show interest.
  • Lachlan raised we should all be spreading the message about Area and doing service.
  • All Area members are encouraged to take some of the GSR flyers and announce them to the various meetings they go to.
  • ACTION ITEM: Andrew, Rowena, John (Seaforth) to review the GSR flyer with the view of possibly making it more appealing. Currently there is thought that the flyer is great but does have a few too many words hence turning people off reading it
  • Version 1 is to be used until a possible later version is available.

 Web Master Report: Lachlan B

  • Lachlan has completed an action item of 3 years ago and setup an Area E Website http://areaeeraa.info
  • It has 2 sections: News and Minutes, with more to come.
  • If anyone wants to receive a newsletter they just need to go to the site and add themselves. This will put them onto Mail Chimp so they will automatically be sent any other mail outs.
  • Next steps are to automate it so any new articles are automatically emailed.
  • The Website uses WordPress and Lachlan has written an operations manual that has all the details, passwords etc It is very easy to use.
  • Lachlan suggested also setting up a FB presence.
  • Lachlan can’t commit to all of the Area E meetings – probably every 2nd.
  • The Area Secretary will be the backup Web Master.

  

GSR Reports:

Reports were not tabled.

 

 General Business: 

  • Anna – We supply 5 types of pamphlets to Brookvale Centrelink. In the past month 46 pamphlets were taken.  Nearly 10 times more than previous months.
  • Andrew nominated Rosemary to be secretary and John seconded the nomination.
  • ACTION ITEM: Andrew to outline all Area E meeting dates so it is clear for everyone.
  • ACTION ITEM: Andrew to check with the office that the Area E meeting dates don’t conflict with any office meetings.
  • It is recommended that we do 3 assemblies through the year. John needs 2 to announce the topics and then discuss and vote on the topics
  • Lachlan also wants members to think about having a social component. Lachlan has only seen events that work is ones that have a social component.  A bbq, gratitude day etc
  • John from Narrabeen raised his concern about the future and the current structure of the CSO offices. Lachlan outlined that there is currently a committee to review the current structure of which he is a member. It will be a 3 to 4year process.

 

NEXT MEETING: Tuesday 5th April at 07:30

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Alcoholics Anonymous

Area E Committee

Minutes of  Meeting
Held: Monday, 4th January 2015 @ 7:30 PM
_________________________________

Chair – Steve C

Present:
Sam – Cremorne 6pm Friday
John – Thurs AM Narrabeen
Garry – Gordon mon Night
Rowena – Tues PM Seaforth, Dee Why B’fast
Anna – 7pm Thurs Dee Why
John Seaforth Tues PM
Michael – Fri Kirribilli
Steve Fri Kirribilli
Andrew Fri Kirribilli
Apologies:
Lachlan
Jessica
Peter
Ben
Opened at  7:30pm
12 Traditions read by Garry
Previous Minutes
Moved: John
Seconded: Steve
PI Report (John):
Pharmacies
  – material distributed
  • Garry has collected for Gordon
  • email, ben has spoken with pharmacies, requested electrinic data
  • dave dee why, following up 10 pharmacies he’s spoken to
  • (Gordon) had GC, pursuing chemists
  • advertising through Val Morgan, spoke to GSO, obtained contact with Val Morgan
  • have drop box email of new ads
  • Area G is currently doing movie advertising, discount rate available
  • Chinese lantern in Oct 2016, contacted person, said area E will do stand at this function, contact asked us to finalise booking attendance is 50% cantonese and 50% mandarin speakers; limited AA resources in Chinese languages, BB and 44 q’s. Sandra from Chatswood said there might be a Chinese speaking member. Sam may have a Chinese speaker that can attend.
Chairmans Report (Steve)
    • Fiji fundraising, charitable rate not available at Curl Curl Community Centre; funds required during Feb so March fundraiser has been cancelled in lieu of donations at meetings. Some members have been approached by Steve to read Fiji letter at end of meeting attended and receive donations. Also bank details available for members to contribute at a later time. Rowena feels letter is too long and needs to be paraphrased. Steve will produce paraphrased version of letter. Sam feels letter doesn’t paint the Church in a good light, if paraphrased Steve will leave this out
Treasurers report (Peter)
  • accounts at 4 Jan, only activity payment of 1st quarter levy of $670 of annual conference and $132 for printing costs of assembly; balance $5461.18
Delegates Report (Lachlan)
  • Timeliness of Fiji donations,
  • Start advertising AGM,
  • Do we have December minutes
Group liaison (Michael)
  • went to meetings and presented GSR pamphlet, well received by groups
  • lamination of pamphlet decided upon with preamble on reverse side
GSR Reports:
Sam – Cremorne 6pm Friday
  • had GC
  • interested in Fiji Donations
  • down to 6 members
  • Large meeting recently due to holidays
  • 30 members usual
John – Thurs AM Narrabeen
  • Tramshed under renovations, relocated to Long Reef Community Centre
Garry – Gordon Monday night
  • All is well
Rowena – Seaforth
  • no GC since last time
  • healthy attendance since word of rehab buses has got out
  • 20-30 member per night
  • Terry treasure keeps regular donation and keeps literature in hand
Rowena – Dee Why, Curl Curl B’fast Group
  • more structure now in group conscience
  • healthy balance
  • GC needed to decide where surplus funds to go, possibly Fiji
  • Harmonious group
Anna – 6pm Dee why
  • 6 members
  • self supporting
  • service centrelink with pamphlets
  • increased from 3 types to 5 types, 15 pamphlets taken, hence there is interest
Andrew – RTR Friday
  • All is well
General Business:
John – program for Fiji has been released, link now from aa.org.au, will we accept proxy votes for Area E AGM; proxy via alternate GSR available, Reminder that Office manager position available.
Steve – Area E positions for the next 2 years Drew interested in Chairman, Proxy vote from Rowena as she can’t attend; Nominated John B for delegate, Treasurer Peter G, Jess for secretary, Michael will stay as group liaison, now required – PI office, Alternate delegate.
John R – for Area E AGM, only GSR’s can vote or via proxy GSR
Steve – Next meeting Sat 6th Feb at Midday for AGM
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

AREA E Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2016.

 

Meeting held Saturday 6th February 2016 at 2:30pm.

 

Ku-ring-gai Community Groups Meeting Room, Corner of Mona Vale and Rosedale Road.

Chairman:             Steven C
Present:               John R, Ben B, Mary H, Sandra W, John B, Anna S, Peter J, Mike N, Martin G, Andrew I, Christopher H, Michael S, Peter G, Tony C.
Apologies:           Rowena (Seaforth),                   
Twelve Traditions:           Read by Rosemary (Fri Road to Recovery)

Previous AGM 2015 minutes:

Accepted: John R,
Seconded: Michael S.     – Carried.

Chairman’s Report:

Our monthly Area E meetings have been enthusiastically attended by a core of about 6 to 12 people.
We have held Area assemblies in June and September. A personal highlight for me was the presentation by the General Service Board of Australia which was very well received by those in attendance, although it has to be said the turnout was disappointing. We printed flyers that were handed out at meetings, informing local members of these upcoming events. The information was also available in The Link Letter.
The Committee has created the position of Group Liaison Officer, whose role it is to attend local AA Meetings, to inform members that it would be in their best interests to have a Group Service Representative Represent them at the monthly Area E meetings, to keep members informed of what is happening in their local area. Also a laminated information page has been produced regarding the position of GSR, and how through their Area Delegate, local group members are able to have a voice at a National level.  We have ongoing contact with local chemists promoting the AA 24 Hour telephone service. There is also a leaflet distribution initiative for local area noticeboards. Our finances are relatively healthy with approximately $6000 in the kitty. Our primary purpose is to carry the message to the still suffering Alcoholic and as a committee that is what we have tried to do.
I am grateful to everyone associated with Area E who have given their time and effort over the past 12 months. Though our efforts in trying to carry the message, may at times seem less than fruitful we cannot allow these seeming setbacks to deter us from being there for the still suffering Alcoholic as we trudge the road to happy destiny, Guided by The Sunlight of the Spirit.

In Service, Steven C.

Delegates Report: Lachlan B

I just wanted to say to everyone thank you for your support over the last 8 years of my service in Area E as secretary, alternate delegate and then delegate. It was truly an honour to be able to serve the members of Area E and an amazing journey where I got to meet many spiritually driven recovered AA’s dedicated to service. To save on space I will not attach the conference resolutions to the minutes. If people are interested in the resolutions and action items from the 2015 AA Australia conference they are available at the AA service website – http://www.aaservice.org.au/.

Alternate Delegates Report: John B

No report

Public Information Report: John B

Distribution of AA literature to Pharmacists
The distribution of AA literature to Pharmacists continued during the 2015 year. After the initial distribution mail out, follow up contact was made with a sample of the pharmacies. The response results varied; some positive and requesting more literature, others advising that they did not receive the material or due to shortage of space had not displayed it.
The results achieved were discussed at the Area E committee meeting and it was agreed to seek the assistance of GSRs and their home groups to participate in the ongoing distribution of literature to Pharmacists. Presently, GSRs from Chatswood, Cremorne, Dee Why, Epping, Gordon and Ryde are assisting with this project. Currently feedback is being sought from the Pharmacists, one request received is for the delivery of AA material in an electronic format.
Group initiative – Distribution of AA literature to Centrelink
An initiative of a group is the distribution of literature to the Centrelink office at Brookvale, NSW, with follow up visits on a 4 weekly basis. Details of the literature provided and usage is set out in the table below provided by the GSR.

AA Advertising in local cinemas
A suggestion supported by the Area E committee is an evaluation of screening AA advertisements in local cinemas. Recently the General Service Office provided access to the ads available and quotes have been obtained from Val Morgan Advertising. Whilst this information has been circulated, it will be a matter for the incoming committee to consider.

Other activities
Other Area E activities have included distribution of material to local council and community notice boards, hosting a stand at the Willoughby Council Outreach Day, inviting members of the fellowship to assist Area G host a stand at the 2015 Doctors Conference, committing to host a stand at the 2016 Lantern Night Festival at Cherrybrook on 22 October 2016 and following up interested contacts.
A project being undertaken at present in conjunction with the NSCSO office manager is to identify, within Area E, where and how the AA message can be availed of by the public and how to keep this information up to date. Information in relation to councils in Area E has been researched and opportunities will be identified within the community that Area E, the NSCSO, groups and members may be attracted to engage in service.
I thank the Area E committee, GSRs and members for their support. My thanks also to the NSCSO committee together with the office volunteers for supporting the Area E PI activities, providing literature and posters, preparing packs for the Pharmacy project and doing the mail outs.
Yours in service,
John B

Treasurer Report: Peter G

Income & Expenditure Statement for the Period

7th February 2015 to 6th February 2016

Opening Balance as of 07/02/2015 $6,842.98
Add Income
Contributions from Groups $3,463.00
$10,305.98
Less Expenses
Conference Levies $2,620.00
2015 (2nd, 3rd & 4th) $1,950.00
$670.00
Venue Hire (Tramshed) $283.50
Catering
AGM 2015 $194.65
Area Assembly $124.15
Printing $422.50
Donations – General Service Office $1,000.00
$4,644.80
Account Balance as at 6th February 2016 $5,661.18

 

Secretary Report: Jessica B

No Report.

Group Liaison Report: Michael S

A pamphlet was produced to help educate group on the role of the GSR and the service structure. The pamphlet also has the preamble on the reverse side and it has now been laminated so it can be placed in at group meeting were noticeable. I have been distributing it at a few meeting with a positive response.
Also the Area e committee have agreed to each one to take at least 10 laminated pamphlets to meeting nearer to the residence as to insure that all off the meetings in Area E will get one.

Kind regards
Michael S

Committee Position Elections:

Service Position                               Outgoing Officer                              Incoming Officer
Chairman                                              Steve C                                    Andrew I
Delegate                                               Lachlan B                                 John B
Alt Delegate                                          John B                                      Anna S
Secretary                                             Jessica B                                   Vacant
Public Information                                 John B                                      Vacant

General Business
John R asked Tony C to give an update on Fiji.
Over 100 registrations. (Approaching breakeven point). Some registrations trickling in. Al-anon will be participating. Registrations on the website.
John R – Reinforce Fundraising for Fiji. Read AA Around Australia.

The meeting finished at 3:30pm with the Serenity Prayer.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Alcoholics Anonymous

Area E Committee

Minutes of a Meeting
Held: Friday, 4th December 2015 @ 7:30 PM
_________________________________
Chairman:            Steve C – Kirribilli Friday – 7:30pm

Present:                Peter G – North Sydney Monday 7.30pm
Michael- Road to Recovery
Steve- Road to Recovery
Rowena – Seaforth Tuesday 700pm
Anna – Dee Why Thursday 7.00pm
Mike- Road to Recovery
John- Seaforth Tuesday 7pm
John R – Narrabeen Thursday AM
Ben – Epping Monday 8.00pm
Gary- Gordon Monday night
Drew- Road to Recovery

Apologies:
Lachlan B, Sam, Mary H


Meeting opened at 7:30 PM

12 Traditions of AA were read by Michael

Previous Minutes
Motion that the minutes of the previous meeting be accepted:
Moved:  Steve
Seconded:  Peter

PI Report – John B
Ben has 5 packages for chemists and three have been handed out to local pharmacy’s. One Pharmacy is very interested to work with AA and would like AA literature to be emailed in order to display on a computer screen. Will check with national PI person about PDF’s for AA. Also the AA pamphlets for teenagers have been very popular. AA can have an advertisement in the cinema (in Area E) through Val Morgan for a very good price, the AA advertisement is already made so all that is needed is too look into the price, John will report on this at the next meeting.  AA having a stall at the Frances greenway Park Cherrybrook lantern night on the 22nd of October 2016 (Manganese and Cantonese speaking AA’s would be needed). AA posters are displayed on the Northern Sydney noticeboards for mid December for the next 6 weeks.

Chairman’s Report – Steve C
Fundraiser for the AA Fiji convention, booked the North Curl Curl community centre for Saturday 5th of March. Spoken to an AA member who has offered to DJ and provide music, laser machine and smoke machine. Would like to get the fundraiser organized by the end of year so we would have a full two months to advertise. Also would like to organize a raffle, some prizes have already been donated. Hopefully we will get a discount on room hire at Curl Curl, which will be booked from 2pm to midnight. Considering having a theme for the night, possibly beach a dress up. Drew will handle the flyer for the fundraiser.

Treasurer’s Report – Peter

CSO is up to date with contributions back in line with how contributions where around last year. Paid Steve for Narrabeen tram shed hire.
Accounts tabled showing activity to 4th December. Account balance is $6,263.18
There are no outstanding accounts.

Delegate’s Report – Lachlan B
No report.

Alternative Delegate’s Report – John B
No report

Group Liaison’s Report – Michael
Has made up a brochure to advertise the role of a GSR which can be taken around to AA meetings, would like to distribute them around to meetings in Area E. We can also distribute electronically, Jess will send out via Mailchimp.

Group GSR Reports
Gary- Gordon well run meetings with a wide range of sobriety, run along traditional lines, has a greeter ect. Meeting has a group conscience every three months.
Rowena- Seaforth Tuesday night, last group conscience had 4 members, south pacific has started bringing a bus load of newcomers there, trying to get support form older sober members to support the newcomers, over $1900 in the bank and will donate $600 to St Ives. Vote to change time from 7pm to 8pm but was not passed.
The Saturday morning Curl Curl meeting (previously Dee Why meeting), is very strong getting around 50-60 people on the Saturday and 30 during the week, has a group conscience last Friday of every month, donating $1500 to Fiji convention. Group voted to give away big books to newcomers. Group has a greeter, will have small gifts on Christmas.
Drew- road to recovery, meeting going well 10th of December steering group meeting to discuss service position rotations, membership on Friday is down but steady. Tuesday lots of people but not too many group members. Good contributions.
Anna- Thursday 7pm Dee Why 22 people on average coming, with 4 members. The group has been putting AA pamphlets in the Centerlink office in Dee Why, AA for teenagers is very popular, the others not so much Group conscience next week, and service positions rotating.

General Business
Peter – Crows Nest requires a new secretary, Gary with 26 years sober has agreed to take on the position.
John- would like to have the response from AA brochures monitored for level of success.
Money for Fiji- Peter moves to donate $1000 to Fiji convention, Jess seconded. Decided to re discuss at
next Area E meeting.
General discussion on the fundraiser and ticketing situation. Price of admission, to be decided once the budget of the fundraiser has been worked out.
Will try to get out the flyer for the Fiji fundraiser as soon as possible and also try and organize online ticket sales for the event.
The meeting finished at 8:54PM with the Serenity Prayer.

Next Meeting
Monday 4th January at St Ives – 7.30pm
_______________________