Alcoholics Anonymous Area E Committee
Minutes of Meeting: Monday, 7th March 2016 @ 7:30 PM
Chair: Andrew I (RtR)
John (Seaforth Tue PM)
Peter (North Sydney Mon PM)
John (Narrabeen Thu AM)
Lachlan B (Royal North Short Thu PM)
Anna (Dee Why Thu PM)
Rowena (Seaforth Tue PM & Dee Why B’fast)
Meeting Opened: 07:30pm
12 Traditions Read By: Peter
Previous Minutes: Not tabled as still to be produced.
Chairman’s Report: Andrew
Andrew very honoured to be in the role.
PI Report: Position Vacant
A report was not tabled.
- John (Seaforth) suggested giving consideration to having a PI Committee of up to 3 people.
- The committee would be a sub-committee of this Area Committee.
- The AA.Service.ORG Website overviews PI activity suggestions.
- Lachlan stressed that the person leading the committee should have 2 to 3 years sobriety as they are the public face.
- Andrew called for volunteers.
- Peter suggested GSR’s to ask groups for volunteers.
- John (Seaforth) overviewed the first activity the PI Committee could action, as quite a bit of investigation has already been performed. It involves organising the screening of AA videos at movie theatres. There are 5 available. The rates are $280 for a 30sec video for 1 week. Someone would need to talk to Val Morgan to proceed.
- ACTION ITEM: John to send current material involving the movie screenings to Rosemary.
Treasurer’s Report: Peter
- Peter has rolled the balances over from the previous year.
- Contributions entirely come from the 7th
- Paid 2nd Conference Levy to send a delegate to the conference each year.
- Motion Tabled: We send $1000 to the Fiji Convention. MOTION PASSED
- ACTION ITEM: Peter to donate $1000 to the Fiji Convention.
- ACTION ITEM: Peter to talk to GSO to determine the amount the Area has donated as it is currently not clear.
Delegate’s Report: John
- John tabled the form to obtain the Area Office Bearers name and address details.
- The Area Eastern Region Forum is in September and John stressed that it is really important that we attend. Each Area should support each other’s forums.
- John raised obtaining from GSR’s when their Group Conscience is held so we can line up the announcement of the forum’s to gain interest.
Alternate Delegate Report: Anna
A report was not tabled.
Group Liaison Report: Michael
- Michael had pamphlets made up overviewing the GSR role which he presents at various groups. They all show interest.
- Lachlan raised we should all be spreading the message about Area and doing service.
- All Area members are encouraged to take some of the GSR flyers and announce them to the various meetings they go to.
- ACTION ITEM: Andrew, Rowena, John (Seaforth) to review the GSR flyer with the view of possibly making it more appealing. Currently there is thought that the flyer is great but does have a few too many words hence turning people off reading it
- Version 1 is to be used until a possible later version is available.
Web Master Report: Lachlan B
- Lachlan has completed an action item of 3 years ago and setup an Area E Website http://areaeeraa.info
- It has 2 sections: News and Minutes, with more to come.
- If anyone wants to receive a newsletter they just need to go to the site and add themselves. This will put them onto Mail Chimp so they will automatically be sent any other mail outs.
- Next steps are to automate it so any new articles are automatically emailed.
- The Website uses WordPress and Lachlan has written an operations manual that has all the details, passwords etc It is very easy to use.
- Lachlan suggested also setting up a FB presence.
- Lachlan can’t commit to all of the Area E meetings – probably every 2nd.
- The Area Secretary will be the backup Web Master.
Reports were not tabled.
- Anna – We supply 5 types of pamphlets to Brookvale Centrelink. In the past month 46 pamphlets were taken. Nearly 10 times more than previous months.
- Andrew nominated Rosemary to be secretary and John seconded the nomination.
- ACTION ITEM: Andrew to outline all Area E meeting dates so it is clear for everyone.
- ACTION ITEM: Andrew to check with the office that the Area E meeting dates don’t conflict with any office meetings.
- It is recommended that we do 3 assemblies through the year. John needs 2 to announce the topics and then discuss and vote on the topics
- Lachlan also wants members to think about having a social component. Lachlan has only seen events that work is ones that have a social component. A bbq, gratitude day etc
- John from Narrabeen raised his concern about the future and the current structure of the CSO offices. Lachlan outlined that there is currently a committee to review the current structure of which he is a member. It will be a 3 to 4year process.
NEXT MEETING: Tuesday 5th April at 07:30