Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Alcoholics Anonymous

Area E Committee

Minutes of a Meeting
Held: Friday, 4th December 2015 @ 7:30 PM
Chairman:            Steve C – Kirribilli Friday – 7:30pm

Present:                Peter G – North Sydney Monday 7.30pm
Michael- Road to Recovery
Steve- Road to Recovery
Rowena – Seaforth Tuesday 700pm
Anna – Dee Why Thursday 7.00pm
Mike- Road to Recovery
John- Seaforth Tuesday 7pm
John R – Narrabeen Thursday AM
Ben – Epping Monday 8.00pm
Gary- Gordon Monday night
Drew- Road to Recovery

Lachlan B, Sam, Mary H

Meeting opened at 7:30 PM

12 Traditions of AA were read by Michael

Previous Minutes
Motion that the minutes of the previous meeting be accepted:
Moved:  Steve
Seconded:  Peter

PI Report – John B
Ben has 5 packages for chemists and three have been handed out to local pharmacy’s. One Pharmacy is very interested to work with AA and would like AA literature to be emailed in order to display on a computer screen. Will check with national PI person about PDF’s for AA. Also the AA pamphlets for teenagers have been very popular. AA can have an advertisement in the cinema (in Area E) through Val Morgan for a very good price, the AA advertisement is already made so all that is needed is too look into the price, John will report on this at the next meeting.  AA having a stall at the Frances greenway Park Cherrybrook lantern night on the 22nd of October 2016 (Manganese and Cantonese speaking AA’s would be needed). AA posters are displayed on the Northern Sydney noticeboards for mid December for the next 6 weeks.

Chairman’s Report – Steve C
Fundraiser for the AA Fiji convention, booked the North Curl Curl community centre for Saturday 5th of March. Spoken to an AA member who has offered to DJ and provide music, laser machine and smoke machine. Would like to get the fundraiser organized by the end of year so we would have a full two months to advertise. Also would like to organize a raffle, some prizes have already been donated. Hopefully we will get a discount on room hire at Curl Curl, which will be booked from 2pm to midnight. Considering having a theme for the night, possibly beach a dress up. Drew will handle the flyer for the fundraiser.

Treasurer’s Report – Peter

CSO is up to date with contributions back in line with how contributions where around last year. Paid Steve for Narrabeen tram shed hire.
Accounts tabled showing activity to 4th December. Account balance is $6,263.18
There are no outstanding accounts.

Delegate’s Report – Lachlan B
No report.

Alternative Delegate’s Report – John B
No report

Group Liaison’s Report – Michael
Has made up a brochure to advertise the role of a GSR which can be taken around to AA meetings, would like to distribute them around to meetings in Area E. We can also distribute electronically, Jess will send out via Mailchimp.

Group GSR Reports
Gary- Gordon well run meetings with a wide range of sobriety, run along traditional lines, has a greeter ect. Meeting has a group conscience every three months.
Rowena- Seaforth Tuesday night, last group conscience had 4 members, south pacific has started bringing a bus load of newcomers there, trying to get support form older sober members to support the newcomers, over $1900 in the bank and will donate $600 to St Ives. Vote to change time from 7pm to 8pm but was not passed.
The Saturday morning Curl Curl meeting (previously Dee Why meeting), is very strong getting around 50-60 people on the Saturday and 30 during the week, has a group conscience last Friday of every month, donating $1500 to Fiji convention. Group voted to give away big books to newcomers. Group has a greeter, will have small gifts on Christmas.
Drew- road to recovery, meeting going well 10th of December steering group meeting to discuss service position rotations, membership on Friday is down but steady. Tuesday lots of people but not too many group members. Good contributions.
Anna- Thursday 7pm Dee Why 22 people on average coming, with 4 members. The group has been putting AA pamphlets in the Centerlink office in Dee Why, AA for teenagers is very popular, the others not so much Group conscience next week, and service positions rotating.

General Business
Peter – Crows Nest requires a new secretary, Gary with 26 years sober has agreed to take on the position.
John- would like to have the response from AA brochures monitored for level of success.
Money for Fiji- Peter moves to donate $1000 to Fiji convention, Jess seconded. Decided to re discuss at
next Area E meeting.
General discussion on the fundraiser and ticketing situation. Price of admission, to be decided once the budget of the fundraiser has been worked out.
Will try to get out the flyer for the Fiji fundraiser as soon as possible and also try and organize online ticket sales for the event.
The meeting finished at 8:54PM with the Serenity Prayer.

Next Meeting
Monday 4th January at St Ives – 7.30pm

Comments are closed.

Post Navigation