Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Alcoholics Anonymous Area E Committee

Minutes of Meeting: Monday, 5th June 2017 @ 7:30 PM
_________________________________

Chair:             Andrew I (RtR Kirribilli Fri PM)

Attendance:

Andrew I Area Chair RtR Kirribilli Fri PM Present
Rosemary P Area Secretary RtR North Syd Tue PM Present
John B Area Delegate Seaforth Tue PM Present
Anna S Area Alternate Delegate Dee Why Thu PM Apology
Michael S Area Treasurer RtR Kirribilli Tue PM Apology
Sally Area Group Liaison / GSR Neutral Bay Tue PM MIA
  Area Public Information Coordinator   Vacant
Lachlan B Area Webmaster Royal North Shore Thu PM Apology
Peter The Mixer Editor North Sydney Mon PM Apology
Christopher L GSR RtR Kirribilli Fri PM Apology
Garry T GSR Gordon Mon PM Apology
John R GSR Royal North Shore Thu PM Present
David C GSR Epping Mon PM & Thu PM Apology
Rowena R GSR Seaforth Tue PM & Dee Why B’fast Apology
Tina S GSR Mona Vale Sun AM Present
David P GSR Chatswood Sun AM Apology
Peter T GSR Long Reef Tue AM Apology
Steve GSR Cremorne Mon PM MIA
Jean J GSR Kirribilli Sat AM Present

 

Meeting Opened:                07:30pm

12 Traditions Read By:                 Rosemary P

Previous Minutes:              Accepted

 

Action Items:

Note: A motion was carried in the November 2016 that if an action item is open for 4 months and not completed it can be automatically closed.

Action Item Description Owner Due Status
20170605.01 Contact Peter re the Area E Mixer Editor role. John B 20170704 New
20170605.02 Purchase a projector to the limit of $500. Andrew I 20170704 New
20170505.03 Contact Area C re Christopher presenting at their assembly on September 16.  Confirm which topic Christopher will speak on as he has volunteered for topic 1 – The advantages of being part of a home group or topic 2 – Sponsorship John B 20170605

20170704

In progress
20170406.01 Discuss having 2 signatories on Area bank accounts

·         Contacted Peter.  The only 2 signatories are Peter and Michael.

Peter, Michael S 20170505

20170605

20170704

 

In progress
20170406.03 email Susan authorising the printing of the Concepts banner in the short form on calico.

 

Garry T 20170505

20170605

20170704

 

In progress
20170301.01 Have the articles on Groups and Meetings and Dogs At Meetings posted to the Area E Website. Andrew I 20170406

20170505

20170605

20170704

In progress
20170301.04 Have the AA Traditions play script posted to the Area E Website. John B 20170406

20170505

20170605

20170704

In progress
20170301.03 AA Structure Review: All members to send the name, email address and phone number of the secretaries or person they left the material with when distributing it.  This is so they can be contacted with the details about the workshops. ALL 20170406

20170505

20170605

 

Completed
20170505.01 Re the Topics for Conference deadline of 30th June, send a msg from the Area E Website reminding members of the deadline and that the process to lodge a topic can be found on the website.

 

Lachlan B 20170605 Completed
20170505.02 Re the Topics for Conference, Area E members to announce at meetings the deadline for topics and they can find the process for lodging a topic outlined on the Area E website. All 20170605 Completed
20170406.02 Organise RtR to hold the Area E Assembly in June as well as the Traditions play.

·         Investigating hall availability and price.

o   Hall has been hired.

·         20170505 – Christopher to organise a flyer.

o   Flyer has been created.

Andrew I, Christopher L, John B 20170505

20170605

 

 

Completed
20170109.01 AA Structure Review Initiative: Each Area E District Responsible to:

·         Provide Anna S with your physical address if you want to receive a hard copy of the material by mail.

·         Visit personally, or delegate distribution to another well informed AA member, the groups on their list by the end of February 2017.

·         Provide 3 physical copies of the handout material to the groups GSR/Secretary.

·         Review the actions required by the group with either the groups GSR/Secretary.

·         Direct any issues/questions to John B.

·         Following are the District Responsible:

o    District 1: Tina – Completed

o    District 2: Rowena – Completed

o    District 3 Drew – 2 left

o    District 4: Sally

o    District 5: Michael S – Completed

o    District 6: John R – Completed

o    District 7: Michael S – Completed

o    District 8: David C – Completed

o    District 9: Anna – Completed

o    District 10: Rosemary – Completed

o    District 11: David C – Completed

ALL 28/02/2017

20170505

20170605

 

Completed
20161202.04 AA 30 Sec Commercial at movies: at 2017 year end look at having the commercial screened at Warringah Mall for 1 movie for 3 weeks over the Christmas period.  It will be screened 25 times a week for a total cost of approx. $1000.

Also review commercial screenings as part of the new unity project, possibly raising special contributions from meetings.

Rose P 20170109s Hold

  

Chairman’s Report: Andrew I

Andrew I tabled the report highlighting:

 

  • Have been working with Christopher re the Area Assembly in June.

 

PI Report: Position Vacant

A report was not tabled.

 

Treasurer’s Report: Michael S

Michael S tabled the report highlighting:

 

  • The Area E total current funds balance is $6719

 

Delegate’s Report: John B

John B tabled the report highlighting:

 

  • AA Structure Review Workshops:
    • 5 have been held and they are progressing well.
    • The presentation has been modified based on feedback and questions received.
    • 2 more workshops have been confirmed.
    • Another 3 groups have expressed an interest.

 

  • Area E Assembly – June 17th :
    • To be held at the Ron Dyer Centre.
    • It includes a session putting on the Traditions Play.
    • Flyer completed.

 

  • Area E Assembly – August 12th or 13th:
    • It includes a session to discuss submitted topics.
    • It includes a session to discuss the AA Structure review.

 

  • Area C Eastern Regional Forum – September 16th :
    • They have asked other areas if they would like to present at the forum on 1 of 4 topics being:
      • The advantage of being part of a home group.
      • Sponsorship
      • AA and Social Media
      • AA and the Indigenous Member
        • Christopher volunteered for topics 1 or 2 of which John B will let Area C know and wait for confirmation.

 

  • The Mixer Editor:
    • Contacted John B and highlighted there hasn’t been any follow up from our editor.
    • John B to follow up Peter to see if he wants to remain in this role.

 

 

Alternate Delegate Report: Anna S

A report was not tabled.

 

Group Liaison Report: Sally

A report was not tabled.

           

Web Master Report: Lachlan B

Area E Website http://areaeeraa.info

A report was not tabled.

 

GSR Reports:

 

GSR Meeting Overview
Garry T Gordon

Mon PM

·         Attendance approx. 20 to 30 people.

·         Serving hot food after meeting and finding members stay on.

STATUS UPDATE:

Anna S Dee Why

Thu PM

·         Leaves pamphlets at a Centrelink and Police and find the ‘Message to the Teenager’ is a popular one.

STATUS UPDATE:

Christopher L RtR Kirribilli

Tue & Fri PM

·         Approx. 35 members over the 2 meetings.

STATUS UPDATE:

John R Royal North Shore Thu PM ·         The group has been running for 25 years.

·         They run an 18 week BB Study Group and one commenced on the 7th February @ 7.30pm to 9.00pm at St Peters Church Hall, Cremorne. It is highly recommended for newcomers.

STATUS UPDATE:

·         After 25 years, as of 22/06/2017 it seems like the meeting will have to close.  After exhausting all avenues RNS are unable to promise a room on a consistent basis hence will not have a room that is available for the meeting to be held.

Caroline E Cremorne

Mon Thu

STATUS UPDATE:
David C Epping

Mon PM & Thu PM

·         10 members at the recent GSC.

·         20 to 30 people attend on Mon night & 15 to 20 on Thu night.

STATUS UPDATE:

Rowena R Seaforth

Tue PM

 

Dee Why

B’fast

·         Both groups going well.

·         South Pacific bring their clients to the Curl Curl and Seaforth meetings which attracts a lot of visitors.

STATUS UPDATE:

Tina S Mona Vale

Sun AM

·         Approx 15 members.

STATUS UPDATE:

·         They held a AA Structure Review Workshop and held a GSC after it.

·         The consensus was to go for option 4.

·         The GSC also voted  if they should read the traditions before each GSC meeting and the motion was carried.

David P Chatswood

Sun AM

STATUS UPDATE:
John G Narrabeen

Sun PM

STATUS UPDATE:
Sally Neutral Bay

Tue PM

·         Attendance is good.

·         All service positions are filled.

STATUS UPDATE:

Peter T Long Reef

Tue AM

·         Core attendance of approx 10.

·         Service positions spread thinly across a small number of members.

·         GSC and finances are healthy.

·         Would appreciate more active members

STATUS UPDATE:

Steve Cremorne

Mon PM

·         Approx 10 members.

STATUS UPDATE:

Jean Kirribilli

Sat AM

·         Approx 10 members.

·         Standing room only however looking for a bigger room

·         Once a month they have a morning tea so people can socialise.

·         They have a lot of newcomers attending.

STATUS UPDATE:

·         They had a GSC and decided they are going to have an AA Structure Review Workshop on the 17th June.

·         The group is very active and quite a few newcomers attend.

·         A motion was carried, as one of their members hosts the Kincumber Weekend, to donate funds to sponsor a newcomer to it.

 

General Business:

  • Andrew I: A motion was carried to purchase a projector up to the limit of $500. Andrew I to purchase one.
  • John B had purchased a screen and batteries for the AA Structure Review Workshops. The purchase was endorsed by the members.

 

NEXT MEETING: Tuesday 4th July at 07:30

 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Area E Committee invites all members to experience the 12 Traditions Play performed by members and take part in a Public Information workshop and discussion of topics received

Awesome Lunch Will Be Provided!

When: 17 JUNE 2017 | 10:30am

Download and PRINT the Flyer from here -> Area E Assembly June 2017

Where: RON DYER CENTRE

42 Ridge St North Sydney NSW 2059

 

 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Alcoholics Anonymous Area E Committee

Minutes of Meeting: Friday, 5th May 2017 @ 7:30 PM
_________________________________

Chair:             Andrew I (RtR Kirribilli Fri PM)

Attendance:

Andrew I Area Chair RtR Kirribilli Fri PM Present
Rosemary P Area Secretary RtR North Syd Tue PM Present
John B Area Delegate Seaforth Tue PM Present
Anna S Area Alternate Delegate Dee Why Thu PM Present
Michael S Area Treasurer RtR Kirribilli Tue PM Present
Sally Area Group Liaison / GSR Neutral Bay Tue PM MIA
  Area Public Information Coordinator   Vacant
Lachlan B Area Webmaster Royal North Shore Thu PM MIA
Peter The Mixer Editor North Sydney Mon PM MIA
Christopher L GSR RtR Kirribilli Fri PM Present
Garry T GSR Gordon Mon PM Apology
John R GSR Royal North Shore Thu PM Present
David C GSR Epping Mon PM & Thu PM Present
Rowena R GSR Seaforth Tue PM & Dee Why B’fast Apology
Tina S GSR Mona Vale Sun AM Present
David P GSR Chatswood Sun AM Present
Peter T GSR Long Reef Tue AM Present
Steve GSR Cremorne Mon PM MIA
Jean GSR Kirribilli Sat AM MIA

 

Meeting Opened:                07:30pm

12 Traditions Read By:                 Michael S

Previous Minutes:              Accepted with an amendment to the GSR report from Anna S.  The places Anna drops the pamphlets off was recorded incorrectly.

 

Action Items:

Action Item Description Owner Due Status
20170505.01 Re the Topics for Conference deadline of 30th June, send a msg from the Area E Website reminding members of the deadline and that the process to lodge a topic can be found on the website.

 

Lachlan B 20170605 New
20170505.02 Re the Topics for Conference, Area E members to announce at meetings the deadline for topics and they can find the process for lodging a topic outlined on the Area E website. All 20170605 New
20170505.03 Contact Area C re Christopher presenting at their assembly on September 16.  Confirm which topic Christopher will speak on as he has volunteered for topic 1 – The advantages of being part of a home group or topic 2 – Sponsorship John B 20170605 New
20170406.01 Discuss having 2 signatories on Area bank accounts Peter, Michael S 20170505

20170605

 

In progress
20170406.02 Organise RtR to hold the Area E Assembly in June as well as the Traditions play.

·        Investigating hall availability and price.

·        20170505 – Christopher to organise a flyer.

Andrew I, Christopher L, John B 20170505

20170605

 

In progress
20170406.03 email Susan authorising the printing of the Concepts banner in the short form on calico. Garry T 20170505

20170605

 

In progress
20170301.01 Have the articles on Groups and Meetings and Dogs At Meetings posted to the Area E Website. Andrew I 20170406

20170505

20170605

In progress
20170301.03 AA Structure Review: All members to send the name, email address and phone number of the secretaries or person they left the material with when distributing it.  This is so they can be contacted with the details about the workshops. ALL 20170406

20170505

20170605

In progress
20170301.04 Have the AA Traditions play script posted to the Area E Website. John B 20170406

20170505

20170605

In progress
20170109.01 AA Structure Review Initiative: Each Area E District Responsible to:

·       Provide Anna S with your physical address if you want to receive a hard copy of the material by mail.

·       Visit personally, or delegate distribution to another well informed AA member, the groups on their list by the end of February 2017.

·       Provide 3 physical copies of the handout material to the groups GSR/Secretary.

·       Review the actions required by the group with either the groups GSR/Secretary.

·       Direct any issues/questions to John B.

·       Following are the District Responsible:

o   District 1: Tina

o   District 2: Rowena – Completed

o   District 3 Drew – 2 left

o   District 4: Sally

o   District 5: Michael S – Completed

o   District 6: John R – 2 left

o   District 7: Michael S – Completed

o   District 8: David C – Completed

o   District 9: Anna – Completed

o   District 10: Rosemary – Completed

o   District 11: David C – Completed

ALL 28/02/2017

20170505

20170605

In Progress
20161202.02 Area E Website – Add google maps for the address of the Area E meeting.

·        20170505 – As per a motion that was carried, this action item has been closed as it has been outstanding for 4 months.

Lachlan B 20170109

20170207

20170406

20170505

Closed

 

20161202.04 AA 30 Sec Commercial at movies: at 2017 year end look at having the commercial screened at Warringah Mall for 1 movie for 3 weeks over the Christmas period.  It will be screened 25 times a week for a total cost of approx. $1000.

Also review commercial screenings as part of the new unity project, possibly raising special contributions from meetings.

Rose P 20170901 Hold
20161202.06 All Area Members to start using the area specific email addresses so the area email history is kept.

·        20170505 – As per a motion that was carried, this action item has been closed as it has been outstanding for 4 months.

All Area Members 20170109

20170207

20170406

20170505

Closed

 

20160906.3 Each Area E member to discuss having the Concepts Banner displayed at their meeting with the other 2 legacy banners and seek to create awareness of it at other meetings if possible. The Concepts Banner is not currently available but can be ordered.

·        20170406.03 – Garry T authorised to contact Susan authorising the printing of the Concepts banner in the short form on calico.  There is a current request from the groups for 11 of them.

All

Andrew I

20161103

20161202

20170109

20170207

20170406

20170505

Completed

 

 

Chairman’s Report: Andrew I

Andrew I tabled the report highlighting:

 

  • Need to follow-up on a few people re not attending Area and outstanding action items.

 

PI Report: Position Vacant

A report was not tabled.

  • Anna S reported that of the pamphlets left at various places the following were taken over 2 months:
    • Centrelink – 27
    • Police – 4

 

Treasurer’s Report: Michael S

Michael S tabled the report highlighting:

 

  • The Area E total current funds balance is $6974

 

Delegate’s Report: John B

John B tabled the report highlighting:

 

  • Area C is holding an Eastern Regional Forum on the 16th They have asked other areas if they would like to present at the forum on 1 of 4 topics being:
    • The advantage of being part of a home group.
    • Sponsorship
    • AA and Social Media
    • AA and the Indigenous Member
      • Christopher volunteered for topics 1 or 2 of which John B will let Area C know and wait for confirmation.
    • John and Anna are to meet the NSCSO committee to discuss the establishment of a joint PI and CPC committee initially consisting of 2 members.
    • The Area E June Assembly will be held at Kirribilli where the Traditions Play will be presented. The agenda is to be determined.
    • At the Area E Assembly on the 12th or 13th August we will be discussing the AA Structure Review.
    • Any Topics for Conference from groups need to be lodged by 30th
      • Lachlan is to send a msg from the Area E Website reminding members of the deadline and that the process to lodge a topic can be found on the website.
      • When at meetings can each Area E member announce the deadline for topics to be raised and that the process can be found on the Area E Website.
    • The Mixer is now available on the Mixer Website and on the Area E website. It has been well received and is on trial for 12 months.
    • John to discuss with Dee Why/Curl Curl member co-ordinating PI the PI initiative of running AA advertising at Warringah Mall Cinemas.

 

Alternate Delegate Report: Anna S

Anna S tabled the report highlighting:

 

  • The AA Structure Review Workshop Slides have been completed.
  • Flyers for the workshops have been printed and Anna S had some for the members to take and distribute. The place and time of the workshop needs to be filled in.
  • The flyer is on the Website to download. You can then update the place and time of the workshop to print out and distribute.
  • 1st workshop will be Monday May 8th @ Epping.
  • Tina to also publish the workshop dates on an AA Facebook page that she is a member of.
  • Groups are expected to vote for 1 of the AA Structure Review 4 options during a July Group Conscience, communicate the result to Area E and in August the results will be collated and submitted to the General Service Conference.

 

Group Liaison Report: Sally

A report was not tabled.

         

Web Master Report: Lachlan B

Area E Website http://areaeeraa.info

A report was not tabled.

 

GSR Reports:

 

GSR Meeting Overview
Garry T Gordon

Mon PM

·        Attendance approx. 20 to 30 people.

·        Serving hot food after meeting and finding members stay on.

STATUS UPDATE:

Anna S Dee Why

Thu PM

·        Leaves pamphlets at a Centrelink and Police and find the ‘Message to the Teenager’ is a popular one.

STATUS UPDATE:

Christopher L RtR Kirribilli

Tue & Fri PM

·        Approx. 35 members over the 2 meetings.

STATUS UPDATE:

·        The group will be holding the next Area Assembly in June where the Traditions Play will be performed.

·        The group is currently running a PI Initiative where group members are contacting their doctors, etc who tried to helped them before they joined AA.  The intent is to spread the msg that AA works and leave their number if they come across anyone who needs help.

John R Royal North Shore Thu PM ·        The group has been running for 25 years.

·        They run an 18 week BB Study Group and one commenced on the 7th February @ 7.30pm to 9.00pm at St Peters Church Hall, Cremorne. It is highly recommended for newcomers.

STATUS UPDATE:

Caroline E Cremorne

Mon Thu

STATUS UPDATE:
David C Epping

Mon PM & Thu PM

·        10 members at the recent GSC.

·        20 to 30 people attend on Mon night & 15 to 20 on Thu night.

STATUS UPDATE:

·        There were 25 people attending on Monday night and 30 on Thursday.

·        They held a GSC on Monday night and had 8 members attending.

·        The flyer was handed out notifying the AA Structure Review Workshop would be held there at 7pm prior to the Monday night meeting.

·        David has been very transparent about material being available overviewing the AA Structure Review for anyone to read.

Rowena R Seaforth

Tue PM

 

Dee Why

B’fast

·        Both groups going well.

·        South Pacific bring their clients to the Curl Curl and Seaforth meetings which attracts a lot of visitors.

STATUS UPDATE:

Tina S Mona Vale

Sun AM

·        Approx 15 members.

STATUS UPDATE:

·        Had a Group Conscience last week re the AA Structure Review.  There is a bit of confusion so members are looking forward to the workshops.

David P Chatswood

Sun AM

STATUS UPDATE:

·        During the month a number of people have been attending the meeting and raising issues about the AA Structure Review..

·        David P raised that he finds the Area E Monthly Meeting Minutes not easy to understand.

John G Narrabeen

Sun PM

STATUS UPDATE:
Sally Neutral Bay

Tue PM

·        Attendance is good.

·        All service positions are filled.

STATUS UPDATE:

Peter T Long Reef

Tue AM

·        Core attendance of approx 10.

·        Service positions spread thinly across a small number of members.

·        GSC and finances are healthy.

·        Would appreciate more active members

STATUS UPDATE:

·        Appointed a new secretary and she is diligently applying herself.

·        Recent Group Conscience was quite formal and went well.

·        There is a general sense of enthusiasm and newcomers are attending.

·        Peter proposed having an AA Structure Review Workshop at Long Reef of which was agreed.  Peter will raise it at the meeting.

Steve Cremorne

Mon PM

 

·        Approx 10 members.

STATUS UPDATE:

Jean Kirribilli

Sat AM

·        Approx 10 members.

·        Standing room only however looking for a bigger room

·        Once a month they have a morning tea so people can socialise.

·        They have a lot of newcomers attending.

STATUS UPDATE:

 

General Business:

 

NEXT MEETING: Monday 5th June at 07:30

 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

In November this year the Australian AA General Service Conference will be deciding about proceeding towards a more effective AA service structure.

The decision on whether any action is taken will give consideration to how members vote through their Group Conscience.

The detailed document for all AA members about background of this initiative and potential solutions has been distributed to groups in Area E through group secretaries and is available on the Area E website
You are welcome to attend workshops being held in conjunction some group meetings throughout Northern Sydney. These will be for approx. 45 min and provide information on the background of this initiative and the four suggested voting options. Morning tea or pizza will be provided depending on the session time.

A PowerPoint slide presentation and notes prepared by Area E for the workshops to assist members in their understanding of the detailed document are also available.

Click on these links – AA Inventory Survey 2017  Narative to Support AA Inventory Survey 2017

Details of the workshops and locations are:

Monday May 8, 7 pm             Epping, Rear School of Arts Hall, 9 Oxford Street

Friday    May 12, 7 pm           Narraweena Community Centre (Narraweena Youth Centre West Hall), 74 Oceana Street

Sunday  May 21, 11 am          Mona Vale, Upstairs, Soccer Club Building, Kitchener Park, Pittwater Road

Friday, May 26                   6.30 pm, Kirribilli Neighbour Centre, 1st Floor, 16-18 Fitzroy Street, Kirribilli

Sunday, June 4                  9.45 am, The Annexe, Dougherty Centre, 7 Victor Street, Chatswood

Sydney, June 18                7.00 pm, Banksia Room, Nelson Health Centre, 4 Jacksons Road, Warriewood

Saturday, June 17             9.45 am, Kirribilli Neighbour Centre, 1st Floor, 16-18 Fitzroy Street, Kirribilli

 

In Service,

 

John B.

Area E Eastern Region Delegate.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Alcoholics Anonymous Area E Committee

Minutes of Meeting: Thursday, 6th April 2017 @ 7:30 PM
_________________________________

Chair:             Andrew I (RtR Kirribilli Fri PM)

Attendance:

Andrew I Area Chair RtR Kirribilli Fri PM Present
Rosemary P Area Secretary RtR North Syd Tue PM Apology
John B Area Delegate Seaforth Tue PM Present
Anna S Area Alternate Delegate Dee Why Thu PM Present
Michael S Area Treasurer RtR Kirribilli Tue PM Present
Peter The Mixer Editor North Sydney Mon PM Apology
John G Area Public Information Coordinator Narrabeen Sun PM MIA
Lachlan B Area Webmaster Royal North Shore Thu PM Apology
Christopher L GSR RtR Kirribilli Fri PM Present
Garry T GSR Gordon Mon PM Present
John R GSR Royal North Shore Thu PM Apology
David C GSR Epping Mon PM & Thu PM Present
Rowena R GSR Seaforth Tue PM & Dee Why B’fast Apology
Tina S GSR Mona Vale Sun AM Present
David P GSR Chatswood Sun AM Present
Sally Area Group Liaison / GSR Neutral Bay Tue PM Apology
Peter T GSR Long Reef Tue AM Apology
Steve GSR Cremorne Mon PM Present
Jean GSR Kirribilli Sat AM Apology

 

Meeting Opened:               07:30pm

12 Traditions Read By:                 Dave C

Previous Minutes:              Accepted

 

Action Items:

Action Item Description Owner Due Status
20170406.01 Discuss having 2 signatories on Area bank accounts Peter, Michael S 20170505 New
20170406.02 Organise RtR to hold the Area E Assembly in June as well as the Traditions play. Andrew I, Christopher L, John B 20170505 New
20170406.03 email Susan authorising the printing of the Concepts banner in the short form on calico. Garry T 20170505 New
20170301.01 Have the articles on Groups and Meetings and Dogs At Meetings posted to the Area E Website. Andrew I 20170406

20170505

In progress
20170301.02 Contact John G to determine if he can attend the next Area E meeting.  He has missed a number of meetings due to various reasons however the PI role is very important and requires active involvement.

20170406 – John G has resigned as PI Officer hence the position is now vacant.

Andrew I 20170406 Completed
20170301.03 AA Structure Review: All members to send the name, email address and phone number of the secretaries or person they left the material with when distributing it.  This is so they can be contacted with the details about the workshops. ALL 20170406

20170505

In progress
20170301.04 Have the AA Traditions play script posted to the Area E Website. Anna S 20170406 Completed
20170301.05 Determine if any groups would be interested in hosting the Area Assembly in June on the 16th, 17th or 18th.

·       The agenda will be to review any Topic for Conference submissions.

·       It was also suggested they could stage the Traditions Play which goes for 30 to 40 minutes.

·       Area E will cover the costs.

20170406 – RtR has agreed to hold the June Assembly with the play.

ALL 20170406

 

Completed
20170109.01 AA Structure Review Initiative: Each Area E District Responsible to:

·       Provide Anna S with your physical address if you want to receive a hard copy of the material by mail.

·       Visit personally, or delegate distribution to another well informed AA member, the groups on their list by the end of February 2017.

·       Provide 3 physical copies of the handout material to the groups GSR/Secretary.

·       Review the actions required by the group with either the groups GSR/Secretary.

·       Direct any issues/questions to John B.

·       Following are the District Responsible:

o   District 1: John G (Tina has taken over)

o   District 2: Rowena – Completed

o   District 3 Drew

o   District 4: Sally

o   District 5: Michael S

o   District 6: John R

o   District 7: Michael S

o   District 8: David C – Completed

o   District 9: Anna

o   District 10: Rosemary – Completed-12/13

o   District 11: David C – Completed

ALL 28/02/2017

20170505

In Progress
20161202.02 Area E Website – Add google maps for the address of the Area E meeting. Lachlan B 20170109

20170207

20170406

20170505

In Progress
20161202.04 AA 30 Sec Commercial at movies: at 2017 year end look at having the commercial screened at Warringah Mall for 1 movie for 3 weeks over the Christmas period.  It will be screened 25 times a week for a total cost of approx. $1000.

Also review commercial screenings as part of the new unity project, possibly raising special contributions from meetings.

Rose P 20170901 Hold
20161202.06 All Area Members to start using the area specific email addresses so the area email history is kept. All Area Members 20170109

20170207

20170406

20170505

In Progress
20160906.3 Each Area E member to discuss having the Concepts Banner displayed at their meeting with the other 2 banners and also promote it at other meetings if possible. The Concepts Banner is not currently available to order.

·       20170406.03 – Group authorised Garry T to contact Susan authorising the printing of the Concepts banner in the short form on calico.  There is a current request from the groups for 11 of them.

All

Andrew I

20161103

20161202

20170109

20170207

20170406

20170505

In Progress

 

Chairman’s Report: Andrew I

Andrew I tabled the report highlighting:

 

  • Focus is on the AA Australia Structure Review.

 

PI Report: John G

A report was not tabled.

 

Treasurer’s Report: Michael S

Michael S tabled the report highlighting:

 

  • The total balance is $6974

 

Delegate’s Report: John B

John B tabled the report highlighting:

 

  • As part of managing PI initiatives, suggest the NSCSO committee ought to liaise with Area E PI to ensure they work together. Proposed that Delegate and Alternate Delegate discuss with NSCSO committee.
  • He will provide an outline of Pi Position.

 

Alternate Delegate Report: Anna S

Anna S tabled the report highlighting:

 

  • Focus is on finding locations to hold the Structure Review Workshops for Area E.
  • Also the need to speak to group secretary’s to ensure discussing and voting on the Structure Review is scheduled into the group consciences.

 

Group Liaison Report: Sally

A report was not tabled.

         

Web Master Report: Lachlan B

Area E Website http://areaeeraa.info

A report was not tabled.

 

GSR Reports:

 

GSR Meeting Overview
Garry T Gordon

Mon PM

·       Attendance approx. 20 to 30 people.

·       Serving hot food after meeting and finding members stay on.

STATUS UPDATE:

·       The group celebrated their 65th birthday having 100 people attend

Anna S Dee Why

Thu PM

·       Leaves pamphlets at a medical centre and find the ‘Message to the Teenager’ is a popular one.

STATUS UPDATE:

Christopher L RtR Kirribilli

Tue & Fri PM

·       Approx. 35 members over the 2 meetings.

STATUS UPDATE:

·       Last Group Conscience voted to hold Area E Assembly in June.

John R Royal North Shore Thu PM ·       The group has been running for 25 years.

·       They run an 18 week BB Study Group and one commenced on the 7th February @ 7.30pm to 9.00pm at St Peters Church Hall, Cremorne. It is highly recommended for newcomers.

STATUS UPDATE:

Caroline E Cremorne

Mon Thu

STATUS UPDATE:

·       Membership good.

·       Visitors attended from the Boomerang Roundup.

David C Epping

Mon PM & Thu PM

·       10 members at the recent GSC.

·       20 to 30 people attend on Mon night & 15 to 20 on Thu night.

STATUS UPDATE:

·       Group planning to review Structure Review at Group Conscience.

·       Structure Review material has been distributed to members.

Rowena R Seaforth

Tue PM

 

Dee Why

B’fast

·       Both groups going well.

·       South Pacific bring their clients to the Curl Curl and Seaforth meetings which attracts a lot of visitors.

STATUS UPDATE:

Tina S Mona Vale

Sun AM

·       Approx 15 members.

STATUS UPDATE:

·       Everything going well, the secretary is in hospital.

David P Chatswood

Sun AM

STATUS UPDATE:

·       Group is healthy and younger people starting to attend.

John G Narrabeen

Sun PM

STATUS UPDATE:
Sally Neutral Bay

Tue PM

·       Attendance is good.

·       All service positions are filled.

STATUS UPDATE:

Peter T Long Reef

Tue AM

·       Core attendance of approx 10.

·       Service positions spread thinly across a small number of members.

·       GSC and finances are healthy.

·       Would appreciate more active members

STATUS UPDATE:

Steve Cremorne

Mon PM

 

·       Approx 10 members.

STATUS UPDATE:

Jean Kirribilli

Sat AM

·       Approx 10 members.

·       Standing room only however looking for a bigger room

·       Once a month they have a morning tea so people can socialise.

·       They have a lot of newcomers attending.

STATUS UPDATE:

 

General Business:

 

NEXT MEETING: Friday 5th May at 07:30

 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Dear AA members,

The 1st Edition of The Mixer, The Australian Magazine of Alcoholics Anonymous, is almost ready to be published, and will be available next week sometime, on its host website – http://www.aamixer.com/ – The Mixer Flyer  as a PDF document for downloading and reading or printing.

Please see the Flyer attached, for distribution to groups and AA newsletters etc. I will send another email once the website is ‘live’.

Regards,

Bradley

General Editor

The Mixer: The Australian Magazine of Alcoholics Anonymous.